Friday, May 2, 2014

Gary Li: Best Final Assignment Ever


The acoustic tile that I designed was based on the idea that the person within the theater would be able to catch certain glimpses of different moments of the building. So a person standing from the ticket booth could see people sitting at the bar, casually sipping on their mimosas, or watching people learning film software. This design was all about experiencing architecture through this idea of film strips where each "moment" was a clip within the entire film . What these tiles allow for is the ability to glance through them as a whole but at the same time offer some sort of protection/ barrier between the spaces. The tiles I imagined would be made out of some type of wood because of its ability to absorb sound (at least I think it works that way, I am no sound designer). Overall this tile works with my design idea and does offer some sort of sound protection(not too much though). 

No comments:

Post a Comment