Friday, May 2, 2014

Carolina Tamayo | Assignment 6B

For my theater tile, I decided to tie it back to one of the main features of my design: the facade.  I made my tile with the same square pattern seen in the elevation.  The only difference is that I pushed and pulled the squares in the tile to provide a desired sound effect. 

Problem | The problem with my theaters is that they sit right on top of each other so the bottom theater has a roof that slants backward.  In order to get the sound to the seats at the back, the tile would be placed in the slanted roof.  

Material | The tile would be made out of a hard, smooth material like plastic or gypsum board that would reflect the sound to the theaters at the back. The sonic image and other diagrams are represented bellow. 



No comments:

Post a Comment