Friday, May 2, 2014

Accoustic Cinematek

I felt the Cinematek asked us to tackle the relevancy of cinema itself considering today's reliance on technology, mobilization, and individualism when it comes to watching film. However my solution strove to stress the importance of cinema in the role of daily social interaction by celebrating all of life's mundane moments making up a larger more compelling picture. The project focused on change in material from brick, metal, screen, and glass to stress different experience and perception throughout the program. Accordingly, I designed a tile to abstract ideas of framing moments of time into an acoustic system placed on the outside corridor of my theaters. The tile was designed to amplify and scatter sound in this corridor to remind moviegoers of the outside context as they enter and leave the cinema.

An early process drawing showing the placement of the tiles on the ceiling.....


In my final review presentation I actually used this module for a screen. Using the rays of Sonic, I could further develop this design to manipulate light to benefit the space. 

No comments:

Post a Comment