Wednesday, May 7, 2014

William Aldrich: Best Final Assignment Ever

So for my acoustic tile, I figured I would continue a theme that had taken over a large part of my theater design: the rasterbation which has created my facade (the name is legitimate: http://rasterbator.net/).

This is the piece from my model
My intention was to create paneled walls which would try to reflect sound from the front, to the rear; and capture more of the sound in the back to reduce any echo. So I tried finding an ordinary film-like image that would be more dense towards the rear of the theater.

The image I used
Using this image, I created my rasterbation and used it to create a system of holes along the tiled wall I created. The tiles also begin to rotate towards the front of the theater as they move back in order aid in catching the sounds in the rear.

Top View of the Tiled Wall

Front View of Tiled Wall
I then tried my theory with Sonic, and found that it was not quite as successful as I was hoping, but not completely a lost hope.

The Tile Faces

Tile Faces with Sonic Action
When more of the rays are involved, some of them do get captured in the holes created by the rasterbation. But in order to be truly effective, a better image with more holes toward the rear would probably be needed.

Screen Shot of Tile

Rendered Tile

No comments:

Post a Comment