Monday, February 17, 2014

Looking Out Week 4 | Noopur Suckhlecha

This saunsa set in the Piacenza hills in Italy is called Huginn & Muninn. It attracted me because of its calm and composed position almost like a tree house (I'm closely associated with tree houses because I had one at my farm house and it broke down so I'm planning to rebuild one this summer) It is built to complete the picture of the perfect sunset. 

It is made out of fir wood and accomodates only two people at once. It has a wooden stove in it that heats the water for the sauna. It is themed on Odin's two ravens, "Thought" and "Memory" which I don't necessarily understand. The idea of spending time in that sauna especially when its snowing outside (like here in Pittsburgh) sounds amazing. 

Also, since its entirely handmade using spruce wood, it gives me inspiration to build my tree house this summer. 



No comments:

Post a Comment